Jeff Doolittle, M.B.A., Director
The Master of Organizational Leadership (M.O.L.) program is designed for professional growth in the leadership arena. The M.O.L. focuses on providing the Emerging Leader with an in-depth look at how leaders impact, influence, and shape organizations. The Emerging Leader will learn current practice theories and develop real-world skills required to advance organizations through decision-making and problem-solving in the areas of communication, business ethics and finance, organizational development, change, and personal development.
Olivet Nazarene University M.O.L. graduates are prepared for expanded roles within their organization through enhanced abilities to:
- Apply fundamental principles and theories of leadership and human engagement to effectively communicate the organization’s direction across a range of business, cultural, societal, and functional sectors.
- Leverage innovation and data to identify and respond to the individual, team and organizational level challenges.
- Interpret financial statements and evaluate the impact of leadership decision-making on the organization’s fiscal health and bottom line.
- Maximize human capital by developing high-performing individuals, teams, and business units through coaching and mentoring.
- Leverage position power to develop and drive a competitive executive strategy that shapes organizational culture, influences internal politics, and affect change at all levels.
- Recognize personal and professional ethical challenges and propose solutions that do not compromise ethical standards and faith-based principles.
- Demonstrate cultural intelligence, acclimate to foreign business climates, and view traditions, cultural and social differences through a lens of empathy.
Built on the values of Olivet Nazarene University, the Olivet M.O.L. is designed to transfer knowledge and develop skills that are in alignment with the values and mission of the University. Olivet has a rich educational heritage and exists to help people improve themselves and the world around them. The Olivet M.O.L curriculum is designed to deliver the following core values:
Community - Learners will demonstrate what is needed to sustain a culture of community through effective communication, teamwork, and organizational development.
Stewardship of Resources - Learners should be able to demonstrate critical thinking and decision-making skills to responsibly utilize all available human and capital resources through personal and organizational development.
Innovation and Distinction - Learners should be able to demonstrate how ethics, strategy, and implementation lead to creating distinction and innovation within organizations.
The M.O.L. program is designed for the adult learner to enhance professional leadership skills of business owners, managers, supervisors, and other persons in comparable positions in governmental, nonprofit, and community-based organizations. The M.O.L. focuses on providing learners with human relations, conceptual, and technical skills to prepare them to lead at the team, management, and organizational level.